|Login to like|
I'm not sure if this will stay like this but I think it's important for you all to know. For awhile now we have had all our twitter and facebook links posting out as my-ga.me links which are created on behalf of the developers. The idea was to gain more ad views to earn the developers more money. Reading something lately I have decided to now point them to your game pages instead of the my-ga.me ad links.
I'm first of all going to have to monitor this but if ad views drop dramatically I might have to change it back. So why have I made a change that could potentially mean less ad views? The simple reason is search engine rankings. Which in the long run should equal more ad views... hopefully.
For the past few months I've focused heavily on trying to make the site rank better in google. I've even purchased some tools to help me with such tasks as being able to track rankings. Even though I didn't say at the time, it was also the reason why I was heavily focused on speed optimisations. Which led to a problem mid last week when the my-ga.me website was suspended. We had a couple of hours downtime with the ads but it turned out when I was optimising I had turned on something I shouldn't have which almost led to bringing the entire server down, so I won't be doing that again!
I also have just fixed a bug when logging out, which probably hasn't been working right since moving to PHP 7. Of coarse I've also made a ton of search engine optimisations to the site, which will continue, so I'm hoping that all the improvements will make a difference in the coming months.