|Login to like|
I know I've only just posted about the optimisations I made last week and its because of that it led me to look into the speed of my-ga.me, which was a real problem, which has led to a major change which everyone needs to be made aware of. My-ga.me has a real issue with server response time, it has been built in a framework I've not used before. After finding out more I decided to upgrade from PHP version 5.2 to version 7.0. Though I don't know why yet but the site seems to increase server response time to 3 or 4 seconds at some times and is almost instant at other times. I'm not sure why yet I will have to look in to it more but at the moment its an improvement.
The reason either site uses PHP 5.2 in the first place, without going in to too much detail, that the landing page tool that I developed like this site used code that was no longer supported in PHP 7. This has been on my mind for a long time as 5.2 will not be supported soon potentially making it vulnerable in the near future. Luckily I have found a solution that didn't require a complete rebuild of the website and it appears to be working. I have tested nearly everything on the site and I think it is all working but I need anyone who notices anything that doesn't work to let me know. It has already broken the automatic posting to twitter which I'm currently trying to fix.
Hopefully you will notice how fast the site is now that its running on PHP 7!
EDIT: Twitter feed back up and running now. Also I think I've managed to reduce the server response time for the most part with my-ga.me too.